Sunday, January 13, 2008

nappy bag



I'm feeling a little proud of myself today. I managed to finish painting the two sets of drawers I bought a week ago. They'll go in my cupboard so that I can take the set of shelves out to put against one of the walls in my room. I'm reorganising, you see. At the moment, my room is so messy with all my projects lumped all around, on top of and under the sewing table. I couldn't bear to look at it anymore - I got a big blanket to cover the mess. Out of sight, out of mind - at least for the moment :)

I also sewed a new (nappy) bag for myself. I found some exquisite broderie anglaise or cutwork fabric at the op-shop sometime last year and I promised I would make it into a bag for myself. I wanted the bag to have a big circular base so that when I put it down, it wouldn't fall over - merely slouch gracefully . The fabric is white so I had to get some plastic over it so it wouldn't be easily soiled. Last Friday, I got my hands on some and so, after months, finally completed that project today. It's not as tight as I would like it to be - sewing with plastic is an interesting adventure - but I'm quite happy with it.

0 comments: