Saturday, January 19, 2008

fabric rose




I did a fair bit of sewing yesterday, mostly from the Tilda book - it's completely addictive! I made a bag with wooden handles and it turned out beautifully. I've had that spotty fabric for a while now and it looks great as a bag. Later on, I made the fabric rose - that took a fair bit of figuring out. I also made a letter/thing holder for the door to Sean's room. I think the fabric used is very appropriate as he is an IT geek. Initially I wanted to make cushions using the fabric but he thought it was a bit too much. I know, a computer nerd commenting on home decor - what next?!

2 comments:

PAMTASTIC! said...

i hear you about the rose....i copied the pattern for the fabric roses by hand from the book and fiddled away for a while with the finished product and it never really did come out looking like a rose.

nice job!!

teresa fsw said...

The bag and letter holder looks great! The fabric for the letter holder is surely an interesting one!