Sunday, March 9, 2008

fabric grocery bags



I stumbled upon this recently : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.msg1837265;topicseen#msg1837265 and decided to make some.
I already have some from Woolworths and Coles but I find that they tear quite easily near the mouth. I also wanted something more unique and let's face it, I was looking for excuses not to clean the house :)
So I raided my linen closet and found quite a few quilt covers bought long ago from op shops that have either never been used or rarely so. After a factory-style assembly, I made 10 bags in a day. These bags are so easy to make that they're very addictive! I think I've found the 'generic' christmas/birthday present to make for this year :)

1 comments:

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

What a great idea, they look excellent!